Training Courses – SEO Course plus many other Web Training Titles
We offer a wide variety of training courses for you to help with all aspects of your online strategy.
Our Search Engine Optimisation training (SEO training) can be run over a half day, full day or two days – depending on your level of expertise – see details below.
Courses are available to be delivered on your own premises and are offered nationally at various venues.
The course described below is our standard open course but is personalised for you should you decide to have it run on your premises. Optionally we can carry out a complete analysis of your site prior to delivery.
Maximising Sales Through High Search Engine Visibility – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Training
This course will provide you with all the tools, techniques and know how to get you to the top of search engines and deliver new business.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in internet marketing wanting to get the very best results for their search engine marketing budget including sales and marketing managers, online marketers and consultants.
How will you benefit?
Apply the learning from this course and your website ranking and position will be boosted within the results pages of all the major UK and global search engines, maximising the marketing return on your website investment.
SEO Course Module 1: Introduction and finding keyphrases
- An outline of the ‘best practice’ structured process to optimisation
- How to find the most effective keyphrases to bring relevant visitors to your site – web based tools and other approaches
- Balancing semantic search considerations with keywords
- Assessing the ‘relevance’, ‘popularity’ and ‘competition’ for your keyphrases
- Harnessing the ‘long tail’ for maximum sales and conversions
- Keyword strategies for ecommerce sites
- Techniques for assessing the competition and how long it will take to achieve good results
SEO Course Module 2: Auditing your existing site and SEO considerations for new sites
- The major factors which will provide good SEO ranking – both within your website and external factors
- How search engines work and which are important
- Using web based tools to assess your current position versus your online competition
- Building a new web site – the essential for SEO success. Choosing the right technology and CMS (content management system)
SEO Course Module 3: Optimising your web pages
- Explaining metadata and identifying the most important metadata in your site for top search engine performance
- Structuring your title, description, keyword and H1 tags for optimisation
- Explaining ‘keyword density’ and the importance of effective copy writing for high SEO rankings
- SEO copywriting in a ‘semantic search’ world
- Using web based tools to analyse your existing copy – keyword density and semantic issues
- SEO copywriting techniques – how to pander to panda
- Implementing your optimisation – matching pages to phrases
SEO Course Module 4: Developing backlinks and content marketing
- A structured approach to developing your content marketing and linking strategy
- The importance of backlinks to your SEO rankings
- How to develop and assess links from the best sources
- Structuring effective ‘anchor text’ for optimum search engine performance
- Analysing your links and your competitors links using web based tools
- 8 key target areas for your links – from directories to social media sites
SEO Course Module 5: Monitoring our performance and fine tuning
- Monitoring your rankings and click throughs – using web based tools to see keyphrases and search engine positions
- Telephone tracking – relating enquiries to keyphrases
- Analysing what’s working for you and how to improve
- Which phrases are working for you, which search engines and directories are delivering results
- Fine tuning your SEO to out compete your online competitors
- What to avoid to remain ‘search engine friendly’
SEO Course Module 6: Utilising Social Media and understanding the latest Google ranking factors
- Working with Blogs to improve SEO
- Working with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN and Google+
- Google ‘universal search’ – including video, image and news SEO
- Local Search – make sure you are on the ‘Google Map’ for local searches
- ‘Digital Assetts Optimisation’ – including Video SEO (YouTube and others
- Real time search, personalisation and website speed issues
SEO Course Module 7: Advanced SEO
- International SEO – domain and hosting issues
- Translation options and geo-targeting
- Using redirection principles to preserve domain authority
- Duplicate content issues and identification
- Advanced improvement techniques
I was on your excellent ‘Loughborough UNI Course’ and you blew my socks off! I was VERY impressed with your presentation and ‘Inside Track’ knowledge…thank you for your effort to making it the best and most interesting business presentation I have seen in years!
Paul R Morton, Morton Connolly
MBA, MCIM, MA,DipCAM
Advanced Search Engine Marketing
A Fast Track Approach to the Google Top Spot
With hundreds of millions of searches in the UK alone every month, getting into the coveted top 5 listings is a guaranteed way of generating new business.
This 90 minute session will provide you with a proven formula and free web tools to give you top 1-5 natural rankings in the shortest possible time.
This SEO workshop is for those who already have knowledge of search engine optimisation techniques and principles and wish to apply them in the most effective way.
The session will also cover some of the latest approaches including web 2.0 concepts – social networking, blogging- local search concepts and how ‘universal search’ has raised the bar for search marketing.
You will come away with:
- The ‘Competitive Positioning Template’ – the process, toolkit and analysis forms to enable you to capture your blueprint for ranking success
- Understanding the competitive positioning approach to high natural rankings – let your competitors guide the way
- Advanced keyphrase analysis – Using online tools and techniques to identify the best keyphrases for you
- Using ‘pay per click’ to guide you to the best keyphrases for conversion to sales, and the best practice process for ‘pay per click’ success. (A £50 free credit will be available to delegates)
- Understanding and manipulating the 3 primary ranking indicators to maximize your natural rankings
- Analysing your competitors backlinks and anchor text using ‘Backlink Anayzer’
- Analysing your competitors on-page optimization factors
- A technique for finding your best web pages for optimization
- Web 2.0 Concepts and SEO – Blogging, Social Networking
- Google ‘Universal Search’ – raising the bar for search marketing success
- Using Local Search techniques (45% of al searches are for local services)
PLUS – All attendees will be given FREE full access to Jan Klin’s SEO webinar
This SEO training is based on a proven formula which has enabled Jan Klin & Associates develop top rankings for hundreds of UK companies.
See what they say here. See more about Jan klin here.
A comprehensive range of training courses, seminars and workshops are available to help with all stages of your e-business development. You can attend open courses, have them run them in-house, or buy course materials to run yourself.
Which companies have attended our courses
Literally many hundreds of small to medium companies have attended our courses — but here is a selection of some of the more well known larger companies…
- Alcon Laboratories (UK) Ltd
- Avery Berkel
- British Aluminium
- British Telecom
- British Polythene Industries
- Business Links — North West Consortium
- Bailie Gifford & Co
- Bridge the World
- Colonial Finance
- CLF Packaging Ltd
- DCS Automotive Ltd
- Granada Sky Broadcasting
- General Motors
- Huthwaite International
- Holset Engineering Ltd
- Institute of Management
- Luxfer Group
- London Stock Exchange
- LC Automation
- Magnesium Elektron
- Nature Stone Ltd
- Royal Bank Invoice Finance Ltd
- Scottish Equitable Plc
- Thorn Lighting Ltd
- Vauxhall Motors Ltd
- Wigan Borough Partnership
- Walt Disney Company
…and what they say
‘Best course I’ve attended in last 5 years’
‘Thoroughly enjoyable – exceptionally useful’
‘Excellent – thoroughly enjoyable, interesting and relevant’
‘Very enjoyable-good group dynamic’
‘Very good seminar – difficult to improve’
‘Well presented, good content, correct speed and interactive’
‘Excellent — I just hope I can put it into practice!’
‘More than achieved my expectations’
‘A very, very, very good course’
‘Could not be improved – excellent’